Bad cpu temp with my new case!!! pls help

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by il muxu, Apr 3, 2009.

1. il muxu

il muxu Geek Trainee

in the past year i had an aluminium case with only 1 92mm fan. i bought the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cpu cooler for my core 2 duo 2.4ghz cpu. i also overclocked it 2.67ghz and the temps with prime 95 were aproximately 65 degrees wit speedfan.

Now i bought a new case the NZXT guardian that has 3x 120 mm fans and connected everything as it was but i didn't overclock the cpu. the new temps are much more worse than they were. with prime 95 and stock cpu temps are reaching 76 degrees with speedfan and 72 with gigabyte's hardware monitor. i took off the cooler and put it in different positions numerous times and still bad temps. also i connected another 120mm fan with the cpu cooler and no progress. its worse than stock cooling for sure. can anyone pls help me out because i can even play a game. ( bdw when i put my hand at the back of the case cold air comes out and the cpu cooler doesnt get hot.)
    thanks

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi, sounds like its a false reading, that heatsink will easily out perform a stock cooler by alot. with that heatsink you should easily be lookin at 40 - 45c idle. what does your temps say in the bios?

3. il muxu

il muxu Geek Trainee

when im not using the computer idle temps are very good about 31 degrees approx. when it is under load the problem arises. in bios it gives me a 41 degree temp.

4. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

what you could try is re-applying thermal paste don't go for the cheap stuff, Try Artic Silver but make sure you don't put to much on the cpu just a nice thin layer.

5. il muxu

il muxu Geek Trainee

yes i try that and also i think i know what the problem is now. one of my cpu cooler pushpins broke and it is not applying much pressure with the cpu. i am going to buy xigmateks bolt thru kits and see if it works. thanks very much for ur help appreciate it :)

6. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

yea good luck, post back with results :)

7. il muxu

il muxu Geek Trainee

sure i will but it will be about 1 week from now because i have to get them from another country. in malta we dont have them :(. thanks m8