Best Live Band You've Seen

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by shutton54321, Mar 25, 2006.

1. shutton54321

shutton54321 Geek Trainee

whats the best live band that u's have seen mines has to be between velvet revolver and korn!! Also most disappointing band live mines would have to be U2 expected so much more

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

IMO Velvet Revolver sucked when I saw them (at Live8) - they just seemed like a group of people on stage doing whatever they wanted, didn't seem like a band at all. The Who were awesome, Pink Floyd were out of this world and even though i don't like his music Robbie Williams was a good entertainer. I've heard KoRn are goo live, and U2 just aren't all they're cracked up to be. I don't particularly like their music and live they're just not good.

3. shutton54321

shutton54321 Geek Trainee

velvet revolver are good live , they give a good show , you probably just didnt get what they were about though

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

children of bodom or amon amarth

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Personal opinion, that's what it is and if we all liked the same stuff what a boring world this would be - and what do you mean "didnt get what they were about" - I'm a musician myself so musical talent and ability I can appreciate, I just thought they were crap.

6. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

stereophonics at the m.e.n, it was great !!!

7. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I always found the prospect of live gigs a bit daunting.
    You pay a lot of money to see an artist you like, potentialy perform worst than on the album... go figure.

Anyway for this reason I can count on my hand (that's right, one of them) the number of concerts I have seen.

All five of them were brilliant as the live performance only seem to enhanced the artists capabilities...

Best quality show was Steely Dan at the Wembly arena and the most impressive was Dire Straits in the Ramat-Gan park (israel) open air. That was awsom...

I was also dragged to see Eurithmics at the same venue. They were not too bad.....

Yeah, yeah I know... old farts' stuff....

8. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Wow best gig uhh seen loads but gotta go with Greenday @ Milton Keanes just cox the atmosphere was ELECTRIC

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I saw them there, what day did you go? I went on Saturday 18th June '05, twas pretty good. Very hot though.

10. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

i think i can top you with count basie orchestra!

11. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Power to ya brother! *Coughs and clutches the chest*

12. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

The best live band i've seen is Kraftwerk - electro german cool! Kraftwerk were the first pioneers of electronic music, and their influence is felt everwhere.

Four guys - now all middle-aged (they've been going since the 70's) standing behind keyboards. Doesn't sound like fun, but believe me it was!

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Haha that reminds me of Bill Baily's Kraftwerk bit on one of his stand-up comedy shows.

"Ja, das hokey kokey..."

14. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

You went to Amon Amarth!? Lucky bastard, I'd love to go see them. The best band I've seen would have to be System Of A Down.

15. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Same date :D...Wasnt the pink bunny great??(The one before greenday came on)

16. needle

needle Geek Trainee

ive never been able to see S.O.D. but biohazard are awesoem live. ive seen them twice i believe and they were awesome both times. :)

white zombie were good too.

17. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Best band by far - Larrikin Love, seen them twice and both were amazing.

Biggest dissapointment for me were Babyshambles who I saw last night but that was probably to do with all the dickheads in the crowd only there to try and bum Pete Doherty.

18. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Don't know if anyone has heard of them, but Metric (a Canadian band) was awesome live. They came to Fredericton, New Brunswick for a show at the University. Awww...the sound was so good, the lead singer was so cool, and was totally rocking out the whole show. The band had such a good time during the whole show, and the lights were blinding, yet intensively awesome! Such a good band....look them up.

19. woodmaster

woodmaster Geek Trainee

Well for me it has to be Y&T, a 80's rock band from the USA I saw them last year at Nottinghams Rock City and then again this year at Rock City & Bristol,the first time I saw them was Bristol 1985 so last year was there first apperance since then and to think there 20 years older made no differance they were masters of there art just bloody amazing, Oh an Buck Cherry they realy rocked,I know I'm an ageing rocker but get me with my mates and some beers and some loud rock like Motley Crue and LA Guns and I'm on one yeh,never to old never to late and never to loud:simpson: :beer:

20. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

Well for me it has to be The Red Hot Chili Peppers all time favourite band and they did a stunning show :D