Best software for burning DVD+R

Discussion in 'General Software' started by matttibb, Dec 7, 2006.

1. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

I'm planning on burning some videos to DVD to play on a home DVD player. What would be the best program for doing this? I don't mind if it's not free, I can cough up a bit. The videos are MPEG layer-3 if that's relevant.
    Cheers in advance x

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Nero does very well for me... nd I received it free with my DVD RAM... So I dnt think it will be very expensive though!

3. t0ad

t0ad Geek Trainee

i use nero as well, nice app.. id go with that :D

4. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I am not sure this is possible..... MPEG layer 3 = MP3 = Audio.

But the burner should not care too much what it is you are burning.
    The issue you need to look into is what you are asking your burning suite to do: a data DVD, image DVD or movie DVD? The later requier functioanlies that not all burning suites can offer. Burning video clips like Divx or MPG is just like burning a normal data DVD.

Nero will burn anything so if you are happy to fork out and like one-stop-shop solution, this is a good choice. But I am sure that googling will bring loads of others options. Just make sure it can burn DVD novies!

For burning images and data, there are plenty of soulutions out there, free and not. I can warmly recomend, PowerISO, DVDDecrypter and ISOBuster. DeepBurner is free but not very reliable. If you are lucky enough to use Linux there is no sustitute for K3b.

Hope this helps....