Best way to sell games (PC/PS2/PS1)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Swansen, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i'm just trying to loose some extra weight, i mean, i thought about just putting the lot on Ebay and calling it a day. Just breaking it down into maybe like section or something, and then selling highly sought games by themselves. Is that the best way to go about it? is there even hope for selling PC games??

I hung on to the stuff for so long, because i regularly go back and play old PC games. ...but i don't have a gaming machine anymore, and can't see having one for the foreseeable future. The PS2 and PS1 games i've just held onto because i have a lot of good games, i plan on keeping a few great ones, the final fantasy's, stuff like that, but i'll probably never go back through the majority of them, and when moving around constantly it helps to keep your things to a bare minimum, obviously.

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Why don't you do a garage sale? Maybe having some people in your area to participate, doing their own garage sales as well. Attracting more visitors.

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Yeah, but at that point i'd be better off to just go somewhere and trade all my games in. As i doubt i would get a whole lot for games through a garage sale. I dunno, i guess i just have to look at see if anyone else is going something like what i am. Thanks for the input though.

4. zeus

zeus out of date

In my experience you'll be lucky to get a penny for them on ebay.

We have carboot sales in the uk. Markets made up of dozens or even 100s of garage sales all in the same field.
    Games,golf balls all that tat sells well there!

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

..... right.. well, i was like hoping for a dollar or something :D Really though, i see lots(as in a group) of like 50 games that start around $20 and end around $50 or so, so thats really not that bad... at that point though, it really would be just better to get credit... kinda. ANYWAYS, i am jealous of the market garage sales... Car boot sale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia thats WAAYYY to cool, definitely jealous.

wait PS2 games lot, great deals on Video Games, Collectibles on eBay! so as it turns out i have massive competition with the rest of the US... but its all good.

SO, now would it be a better idea to just sell all like 50 of my games together, or group them up into genres or like genres??

On review.... PS1 games don't seem to be selling at all, but i guess they are to old to be any sort of current but not old enough to be classics yet.

6. zeus

zeus out of date

Car boot sales are cool. Its at car boot sales you pick up that lost piece of Ming ware for 50p..... when really its worth 50k!