Big blinking cursor. Only in IE?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Nic, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

After getting his new pc my uncle is becoming increasingly annoyed with the size of cursor in IE. (Dont tell me to tell him to switch because I know and you know firefox superior but he tried it and doesn't like it.) Anyway when in IE his cursor becomes big and fat. Ive looked in mouse and keybpard controls tried changing cursors...everything i can think of but no luck. Wait no, just after trying to save my screen shot i realised it is not just an IE problem because it appeared when trying to save the shot. So any ideas how I can solve this, preferably without being told to switch to Linux because its superior :) or without needing to do a reinstall?

Thanks,
    Nic

Attached Files:

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Yeah, switch to linux :p

*now trying to be helpfull* I remember this happening to me @ school in word, does the space bar still 'work properly'?

Im asking beacsue when it happend (and i could fix it) the space bar didnt create a 'space' anymore it just moved the cursor onto the next 'position' (and overwrote whatever was there with a space!).... if i remeber it was the same for all the keys, the jusy overwrote what was in the next box with whatever they want to display (there charecter).

does it happen in safe mode :p (lol)

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Umm yeah the space bar works (Im not 100% sure but Illl check and edit later if incorrect).Ill also try it in safe mode and see what happens.

4. Impotence

any updates on the 'situation' :p

5. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

The problem described about overwriting actually happened to me once as well, but that is an option in microsoft word to replace instead of insert what you type. its ANNOYING. I guess some people use it otherwise they wouldn't include it (then again this IS microsoft..) Here's a pic of the option in Microsoft Word 2000. This has never happened to me in IE though. I'll keep searching for cursor options.

Attached Files:

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Hi mat yeh iVe had overtpye mode in word before but I dont understans how that could effect IE or his normal computer.

7. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Hit the insert key?

8. firstime

firstime Geek Trainee

Not sure if you got a solution, try control panel, Accessibility Options, Display tab.

9. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Ahh thats it. Thank you VERY much.

10. Impotence

ANy idear how it got like that?

11. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Nope...was just like it after id formatted :S and it deffinately wernt an option Id picked.