Billion 7402NX

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by BoBBYI986, Feb 8, 2012.

1. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi Everyone

Got a problem with my router, Billion 7402nx sync issues with the DSLAM, from cold start it syncs at 10Mbit and I pay for 20Mbit, So I have to force a re-sync from the web interface which then reconnects at my usual speed of 19Mbit.

I have flashed the firmware with the latest, problem still exists, checked all my extensions, tried from master socket etc, same problem. Once I resync it connects at 19Mbit all day no problem, no disconnections etc.

Do you guys think this is modem related? DSLAM related? I have called my provider and asked them to move me to a different Line in card at the DSLAM, they will charge me so i told them where to go.

I had to get my provider to tweak a few settings on my DSLAM profile to get the speeds I wanted considering I am 800m away from the local O2 DSLAM,

Only adjusted the SNR to 4.8DB instead of 6DB, better throughout put but less stable.
    also enabled fastpath which gave me a couple more Mbit's and also dropped my txattenuation to 25DB.

My SNR only seems to move .1 - .2 of a DB when downloading heavily, so I very much doubt it's a line problem.

My only other option is to buy a Draytek 2830N router, unless you guys can suggest a fix?

Many thanks for any replies.

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi Guys

I've figured it out, the problem is the modem side of the router, as I've installed a spare brand new Netger DG384 modem/router ADSL 2 +
    straight away from cold boot synced at 18.5Mbit not 10Mbit, I obviously won't get the 19Mbit until i do some tweaking of the modem on the netgear. Looks like I will be upgrading to a Draytek Vigor 2830N, shame really been an excellent piece of hardware the 2 years I've had it.

The only problem I had with the netgear it took around 30 seconds to authenticate with the B-RAS, and was given a new WAN Address.
    Atleast the Draytek Vigor will be future proof for when Fibre comes to my area, can use the WAN port as a gateway to the fibre router,
    also has alot of useful features such as load balancing, and seperate co processors for VPN and Wireless :)