BIOS Setting for Graphic Card

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by rahulkhajuria, Feb 26, 2010.

1. rahulkhajuria

rahulkhajuria Geek Trainee

I have a XFX GeForce 8400 GS with 512 MB Ram . The Driver Version is 6.14.11.8160 NVidia ForceWare 181.60 . (The Bios String is displayed by Everest as Version 62.98.29.00.01 ) GPU CodeName - G98GS . The DirectX HardWare Support is displayed as DirectX V10 .

Question 1) Is this Card called a GPU ?

Question 2) This card is installed in a AMD Athalon 64 X2 5200+ CPU based Machine with Asus M2N68-AM SE2 MotherBoard . The BIOS in the system is AMIBIOS . The NVidia Raid Function under "IDE Configuration" is disabled in the BIOS . I would like to ask what would be the changes if this option is 'enabled' ? Also the PnP Aware OS setting is Disabled . InCase these settings have to be enabled , after enabling them , will the changes only be affected if Windows is re-installed ?

Question 3) Give me some Good BenchMark (Application) where I can really see the difference that this card brings to the Graphical Abilities of my machine .

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

1) a GPU is the CPU of any Video Card, not a certain brand of video cards or anything. Just the logical calculating chip of your video card.
    3) this site has some quite cool light-weight benchmarking/stability software.