Biostar Tforce 6100 skt 754

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by KenshinX, Jan 14, 2006.

1. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

I have no idea where to put this but its either a motherboard or video problem

well i just purchased a new Biostar tforce socket 754 motherboard and i have 512mb pc2700 PNY memory and a Sempron 64 2800+

The problem:
    When i turn on the computer everything is connected the computer powers on and shows all motherboard lights and the two leds on the board are lit which means normal in the manual, but the screen is blank nothing shows the led for the monitor just blinks a green light. When i disconnect the monitor it shows the no signal box so i know the monitor works. This mite be a video problem but i have no pci card to test with.

Side note:
    Once i turn the computer on it wont let me shut it off with the power switch on the motherboard nor the one on my case even if i hold it. The only way i can turn it off is by turning of the surge protector/ extentioncord or unplugging the power supply.

I need much help any advice welcome.

2. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

oh andi have plugged in both the 4pin connector and the 24pin connector i have a Antec 350watt smart power 2.0 PSU

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

intresting, what else have you tried? I assume you have fitted the mb in the case already, since I tend to test it out side the case first. Just it case its shorting-out. Have you tried different memory? Also make sure everything is seated correctly.

4. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

turns out it was a ground issue it seems my screws were to tight i was afraid of purchasing a new case. I just had to take the screws out and screw each one in at a certain tightness and it powered on with the wonderful biostar screen of success :)