Blu-ray drive board problem. Searched for weeks. Please help.

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Cormyee, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Cormyee

Cormyee Geek Trainee

Hi all. I have a CECHP01. 3.66 firmware. Its the 160gb (fatie not slim) Uncharted model. Dual laser and does not have the optical drive sensor. I have had it for about 2 years. Played it 2 or 3 hours a week. Never had a problem with freezing. Went to turn ps3 on..had Black Ops inside..But no game icon came up. Tried all the tricks to eject..no luck.. Took it apart to get disc out and reset tray. My ps3 will not pull a disc in or eject. When i try to put a disc in the blue light comes on but will not try to pull disc in. The disc will not spin. I see the laser pulse up and down once or twice but thats all it does. It will not move up or down on its tracks. I see the load cicle in the corner of tv spin for awhile then it stops. Whenever i try to play a demo or downloaded game the screen goes blank and the system completely freezes. My pictures were intact as well as my movies. I tried resetting defaults and also format with no luck.I believe the problem is the logic board on the bottom of the drive. Does this sound correct? Bluray board BMD-031. Has 2 and A in circles on top and B in circle on bottom. From what i have found the board is married to the motherboard. I have been told that the "key" is in the BGA and would have to be moved to a new board. However I have the blu ray drive board out and there is no BGA on it. I can not get a straight answer on which part has the "key" on this model. Also does the firmware of the new board matter? I dont know how that works. Please help! Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Cormyee

Cormyee Geek Trainee

Please..can anyone help?

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Have you talked to Sony? I'm guessing this is a PS3, and save for the hard drive, there's nothing that's user serviceable inside.

4. Cormyee

Cormyee Geek Trainee

Thank you for the reply. Yes i have called sony and have cosidered sending it in. I want to attempt to fix myself since i have it open and im not afraid to solder. I just havent been able to find the correct information about the model i have to proceed. Thanks for the help. Is there anyone that could shed some light on this?