Blue Screen of death: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by GuiRitter, Feb 1, 2012.

1. GuiRitter

GuiRitter Geek Trainee

Hi everyone.

First I was playing Call of Duty 2. Then the game froze and a minute later came back, but every single string of text were replaced by something different. For example, the entries in the menu where like:
    MENU_STARTGAME
    MENU_LOAD
    MENU_OPTIONS
    you get the idea. Got out of the game, restarted Windows and played again. It was normal. Then, after playing for a while and leaving the game, the CPU/memory gadget showed 100% of memory usage, and right after that the BSoD described in the title appeared. Some hours or a day later it happened again. Run a few chkdsk and it fixed a few entries. Then, another day during boot, before choosing the user, an error message showed up saying something about Login and Explorer (not IE) and froze. Rebooted it and it froze on a black screen before showing the blue themed login screen. Formatted and installed Windows again, run update after update, installed Avast, Google Chrome and Java, a few more updates and right before the end of the update for .Net Framework 4 the BSoD happened again.

I suspect of the hard drive where Windows is installed, as I had a lot of data corruption in the past with it, but I always credited that to the old motherboard, which was in terminal state.

Explain.

Specs:
    Biostar H61MLC, full specs here:
    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=549
    Intel Core i3-2100, 2 Cores at 3.1 GHz each
    1x 4 GB DDR3
    Realtek RTL8105E
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    nVidia GeForce GT220 1 GB

Something missing just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: number of times it happened after I posted this: 1

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Sounds like a fried memory stick. Download Memtest and let us know the results.

3. GuiRitter

GuiRitter Geek Trainee

Mother of God... about 10 errors by minute after 8 minutes... Tested on both sockets.

But it is only 3 months old! What could have caused it to fry like that?

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Wow, maybe a power surge. Or just poor manufacturing. If it
    s only 3 months old i would return the faulty ones and ask for new ones! I hope you have some sort of proof of purchase. Parts usually come with a 1 year warranty.

If you can't return them, least you can do is take them out.

5. jacksena

jacksena Guest

You should run your system in safe mode and restore it then update your BIOS settings. For further any query take Microsoft Help for better solution.

6. GuiRitter

GuiRitter Geek Trainee

It's been a while and I actually got a new one from warranty. Formatted the drive and everything is fine so far. Just forgot to post it here. This topic can be closed already. Thanks for the help!

7. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

np!