Booting to BIOS

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by yorkkev28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Got my new rig up and running, after about 2 weeks i noticed that it wasn't booting up first time. Now the PC takes about 20 attempts to boot up, and then gives me a warning message about overclocking before sending me to the BIOS screen to reset to default. The problem is that i haven't overclocked anything and having checked out all the avaliable BIOS options, there doesn't seem to be anything amiss.
    Once the PC is up and running there aren't any issues whatsoeva.

Ive swapped the RAM, GPU, PSU and tested them on another machine yet i stil get the problem.

Any ideas???

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Did you try loading the default settings or doing a CMOS clear by chance? If you haven't try that.

3. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

yep tried the old CMOS trick and default BIOS settings are loaded.

4. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

When you say it doesn't boot up what do you mean? Does it do anything? Does it get to post and just not get into windows?

5. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

I power it on then after bout 15 secs it powers itself off without turning on the monitor, then it will do it again, then it gives 2 quick power bursts, and then it starts the whole process again. It goes through this process 5 or 6 times and then boots with an overclocking error message. Ive resorted to leaving the pc on lately as its such a pain trying to boot it.

6. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

I know that alot of p35 chip mobos do a double boot when you overclock, but I haven't seen any issues like this. Have you updated the BIOS at all? If you have, revert back to the original BIOS.