Call of Duty 2 in Crossfire mode

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Wildcard, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

I tried to run Call of Duty 2 while my system was in crossfire mode but did not see any improvements over my radeon 9600pro. I have 2 radeon 1600xt cards now in crossfire mode. While going through the settings, I saw the sli mode option. I checked that, and then everything runs great. However, everytime I close the game and reopen it, it says that my system configuration has changed and asks me if I want to load optimal settings, which sets it back to 800x600 with everything turned way down. If i say no, my settings are mostly retained except for the SLI box being unchecked. Without that box being checked, it doesnt look nearly as nice, and I think its not using both cards at that point. I was just wondering if anyone had this problem with running in crossfire mode and if you found a fix?

Thank you! :D

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

SLI is Nvidia, Crossfire is ATi.

What motherboard do you have?

Also try reinstalling the drivers if there is a problem, Crossfire is not that good at the moment, drivers are preety bad for it apparently.

You should notice some difference as you should be able to crank the settings up even higher, possibly almost to max.

3. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

I have a ECS KA3 MVP Crossfire-3200 MB. I tried the SLI box because I figured it couldnt run any worse than it had been. I knew that SLI was the same idea as crossfire, and it worked a lot better when I checked it off as opposed to not using it, no more lagging with smoke on the screen and it ran smoother.. It just won't stay checked. I dont know for sure, but without it checked, I figured both cards were not being used :D

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

First up, leave the SLi option unchecked. Then backup your Config.cfg file.
    Then open your original Config.cfg file with Notepad and edit these lines:
    Code:
    r_multigpu set to 1
    Eg - [B]r_multigpu 1[/B]
    Code:
    r_gpuSync set to 0
    Eg - [B]r_gpuSync 0[/B]

If this option induces any keyborad or mouse lag, you can enable options all the way up to 3. This includes 0, 1, 2 and 3.
    However, editing ANY option in the game's menu will overwrite these settings.

5. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Awesome, it seems to be working!

Thank you!:D