Can Steam Games be Free?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Lian, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Lian

Lian Gaming Legend

So being a student most of my money goes for paying college tuition fees if not that then partying and drinking, so theres little money left over for gaming. SInce there's a new Must-have game coming out every month it can be quite hard to keep up.

Then my class mate twittered me this video, which gives a guide on getting Steam games for free. So i thought ok, most people would say its too good to be true but i was bored and really wanted some new games. I thought to myself let me test it out before i say anything, and came up with the idea of testing it out with a $5 steam game - Just to see if it worked. And guess what, after about an hour and waiting for my request to process it did worked! Full game from steam gifted to me

Geometry Wars ($5 game just as a tester)
    [​IMG]

If you want to test to see if this is real, copy the game gift URL in the picture and check. It will already be used up of course but the error will show that it was once valid.

Carried on using the method explained in the guide on and off for about a month and i got some impressive results.
    In 1 month I've got 3 Steam Games so far (actually i got 11 Steam games, but 2 game packages - COD package and Civ 4 Pack).

Video with Guide:

So as i mentioned i got a few games Free using this method too during Steam summer sale week.
    Here are a few pics

Call of Duty Collection (Cod 1, Cod 2, Cod 4, World at War, United offence)
    [​IMG]

Civilization IV Complete Pack (which includes all expansions)
    [​IMG]

Steam Gift system is awesome!

As a conclusion, with patience using this method does work to getting Steam games. It's great for students or those who just don't have that extra cash for an awesome game that they want.

So next time some one says you can't get Steam games for free, tell them you can ;)