cant update bios

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by RZA, Oct 29, 2002.

1. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

When I run winflash and try to update the bios and as soon as I click update it says verify error and thats at 1%
    Any1 know what to do :confused:
    I hope my bios isnt f**ked up :(

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Make sure the BIOS isn't write protected and try downloading the file again. It could've gotten corrupted during the download somehow.

3. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I allready downloaded it again and the bios isnt write protected :(
    I think I hafta do it in dos
    Does anyone know where to download disk images for realtime dos(the best is if I can burn it to cd but a floppy will do 2) ?

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Oh...where are you flashing from? Windows?
    Yeah, that's not the best idea and most companies don't have a Windows flash utility.
    If you've got a Win98 startup disk, that'll do.
    On a 2nd floppy copy all the files that are in the .zip file (I presume that's what you've d/l'd). Make sure to back up the current BIOS before flashing in case the new one makes things go down the crapper.

Backing up...with the Win98 floppy boot off of it and hit [Shift]+F5 (I think) when you get the selection screen.
    Follow the flashing instructions (printing them out before going to flash wouldn't hurt if you have questions) and make sure to back up the current BIOS in case things go bad.

Oh, and when I said about the BIOS being write protected...I meant the BIOS chip on the motherboard, not the BIOS you downloaded.

5. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

well ECS had a windows flash utility but I guess it sucks lol
    My startupdisk of win98 was broke so I downloaded a image from a site of win me and burned it to a bootable cd but now when it starts it stops when saying booting from cd emulation 1.44mb floppy or something like that

I'm gonna try it on a floppy with win 98 now but b4 i know i could startup from cd

and I know u ment the bios chip and it wasnt write proteced(if I can modify my bios with del on startup then it isnt right ?)

6. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

ok I did what I said and now I get another error msg when I run it in dos(with a special flash startupdisk without any drivers)
    It says "the program file's part number does not match with your system" I'm sure its the right file

And also somewhere it says:
    Flashtype: Unkown flash
    wtf ??