case selection

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by craigy091203, Apr 27, 2007.

1. craigy091203

craigy091203 Geek Trainee

hi all
    can any one give me any tips on selecting a case and what to consider ,manufacturer,size etc after reading a few threads over heating seems to be a problem?
    cheers

2. Crom

Crom Geek Trainee

What I did was look at several cases that interested me and then did a search for that case name and review in a search engine. For example: If you're interested in the Antec p180 you'd enter this in the search field:

"Antec p180"+review

Use the quotes. You should come up with thousands of results that rate the cases in a very in depth manner.
    Thermaltake, Lian-Li, Cooler Master and Antec are all very respected names in computer cases. There's several others, but these stay at the top of the list for the most part.

-Crom

3. craigy091203

craigy091203 Geek Trainee

thanks for the tip will do
    cheers

4. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Pretty much you need to consider size of the case compared to what your are going to put in it. That said, i would get a case with 120mm fans in it, they move a lot of air and are quiet.

5. Cyberbabe

Cyberbabe Love been a Girl

Hi craigy091203 :)

If your looking for a sexy case with good cooling theres the -

Antec Nine Hundred Case > Here

the -

A+Case TwinEngine Case > Here

and the -

Raidmax Sirius Black - Gamer Case > Here

;)

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The biggest thing to consider is airflow. Poor intake will limit the amount of cooler air coming into a case, which helps keep not only the CPU and chipset cool, but the power regulation circuitry as well. Cooler components tend to last longer than hot ones. The reason I say this is that there are some cases that have very poor front intake, and while they might look sweet to some, unless you're absolutely dead set on having it, look elsewhere.

Secondly would be your use for the system. If you're going to be going to LAN parties, move regularly, or just need something small, a smaller case is in order, made out of light steel or aluminum. My main box is probably 30+ pounds, so it's a real treat when I have to move it around. As you would expect, a smaller case is generally lighter than a larger case. The advantage of a larger case lies in more room to work and the greater likelihood of more drive accomodations.

Third, the sturdiness is also important, especially if this is going to be a fairly mobile box.

7. Cyberbabe

Cyberbabe Love been a Girl

Hi

I like the Antec Nine Hundred Case, cooling looks good, access looks good with removable drive bays and you don't have to have a FDD as most up to date MOBOs BIOS will support Boot from Flash Drive.
    I also like the design and if you choose to take it to a Lan Party you wont be rolling up with a boring box ! and as for weight one chap wrights in a review "below" its surprisingly light, so say with all its guts in(high end CPU cooler, Raptors ect) if it went 45lbs under 20KG ? Im a 5`1" Girl size 10 UK and i can handle 20KG Eh Guys ? :D

Review > Here and Here