CD-Rom / USB Device problems

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Leunis van Rooyen, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Leunis van Rooyen

Leunis van Rooyen Geek Trainee

Hi guys, I am new to the forum so please bare with me if I do something wrong... For my first post I have a rather strange problem with a Windows 7 Home Basic system.

What it does basically, is when I install the CD-Rom drive (had an old one and new one) it says its installing the drivers like windows normally does, and after it says that the driver was installed successfully, it doesn't work, see below:

[​IMG]

Here is the error from msinfo32 as well, once again, it says it is working correctly but it is listed under problem devices! This is exactly what a USB modem device does as well:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 SCSI CdRom DeviceSCSI\CDROM&VEN_HL-DT-ST&PROD_DVDRAM_GH22NS70\4&4A9FF82&0&010100This device is working properly.

Any ideas...?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Do a search for the drivers Manually.. Make and model number...

3. Leunis van Rooyen

I have done so. The new CD-Rom that I installed even comes with a drivers CD, and even after installing that (copied onto flash drive) it still shows me the same...

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Does your driver CD say for Windows 7 ?? can you try the cd on another computer ? Is this a desktop or laptop ? Are you plugging this is the rear or the front of the computer ?

5. Leunis van Rooyen

Yeah Its a new drive and it does say Win7, I have tried on other computers and everything, I am rather clued up with hardware, and it definitely seems like its something software related with Windows... Could not figure it out so I opted for a reload of windows, everything works 100% now, but its a weird problem that I could not get fixed...