CD-RW (bad copy)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Mack, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Hi,
    I have a game CD (original) "FIFA 2002 soccer" of which I am unable to make an accurate copy. With the copy I am able to install the game but unable to start it. Whenever I try to start the game with the copy the message "Please insert the correct CD" appears. However,the problem is corrected when I insert the Original CD.
    The software I use is Nero Burning Rom V5.5.8.2. I don't know much about it. I just start it and then goto new, copy CD(icon) and then the 'write' button click. My CD-RW is an IO magic 48X16X48X External USB 2.0.
    I would be very greatful if somebody could help me.
    regards
    Mack

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

It's probably some kind of copy protection.

Since you own the game, I can suggest you this, even though it's considered illegal. But personnally, I do not have a single problem with it.

You could download a no-cd patch. It has to match the version of the game so every time you patch your game you will need another no-cd patch.

Again, I don't see the problem since you already own the game and that the copy is for personal use/backup (of course right ? )

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

It's perfectly legal to make a backup copy of your software, as long as you're not running it on multiple machines simultaneously. I crack all of my games once they're installed so I no longer need to shuffle CDs every time I want to play. Try Game Copy World. Just make sure your game is patched to the same version you get the crack for, or it won't work.

4. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Hi, I check the website but unfortunately they didnot have a no-cd patch for FIFA 2002 (Soccer). But it said that the protection on it is called safediskv2.0
    And provided a link for a website regarding how to deal with this portection.
    http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protections_safedisc_v2.shtml
    it said:
    Backup Solution : Currently there are 2 ways available of dealing with this protection:
    1) SafeDisc Emulators
    Create a 1:1 CD-Copy and then use DAEMON Tools, PlayBackup or Insektors to remove the protection from the game!
    2) Executable UnWrappers
    unSafeDisc or DumPlayerx can extract the real executable from the encrypted .ICD file, just replace the existing .EXE and burn it back to a CD-R or replace it after the game installation.
    If your CD-Reader & CD-Writer both supports DAO RAW + Sub-Channel data then just do the 1:1 CD-Copy. If not use the DAEMON Tools, PlayBackup, Insectors, unSafeDisc or DumPlayerx to play the game!

Now i only know how to use Daemon tools. So, all i understand is that i have to make a virtual Disc form the original one. But how am i going to remove the protection from the virtual disc.or Will the protection automatically removed????

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Well, it's good that you've learned to remove [annoying] safedisc protections from your legally owned CDs. But here's a link to a crack somebody was kind enough to make for you, so you don't have to. ;-) Just remember to virus scan stuff like that. If you don't own an antivirus, try AVG, it's free. Or you can use the web-based housecall antivirus by Trend Micro, also free.

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

If you want to be able to make a backup of your games without having to run a no-cd crack your best bet is to probably purchase a copy of Clone CD or Alcohol 120%. Both of these programs do a bit for bit copy so the copy protection will be transferred over exactly as it was on the retail cd.

I'd just check to see if your cd-rw supports the modes required by the programs first though.