certificates / Where?

Discussion in 'IT Careers and Certification' started by izzy007, Jun 30, 2007.

1. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

i was wondering where you can take an exam for a+ mcse etc. i think it costed around £100 for each exam didnt it?
    also is any1 a ict teacher. just wanted to know how it is to be a teacher and what companies can one work at with mcse etc and as what, a network engineer etc
    thanks

2. Addis

Addis The King

An ICT teacher does a totally different job to a technician or engineer. No offence to IT teachers, but the subject's a load of crap. And so teaching it has to be crap.

You can probably get network/systems engineers jobs with an MCSE, but you can't just get an MCSE on its own, I believe you have to meet the prerequisites before you can take that course. An A+ straightforward though.

You take exams at the test centres like Pearson VUE.

3. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

yeh i understand it different just wanted to see how much stress it gives you. lol

where is that test centre. any near London. and also in which sort of companies could you probably work.
    thnx

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you do the A+ through CompTIA's website, you should have a list of places you can use to schedule the test.

5. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

how long is the A+ exam and how many questions are there. i tried the practice papers with 10 questions and i got 7/10 once and 8/10 once, i havent tried them all yet.

also which exams should you do, server, essentials, and network?

edit* i see that there are a lot of centres in london and kent which would be alright. the cost is £111 for essentials.
    Good thing i'm a part of this forum coz you guys all respond really fast, if i had posted this is another forum, no-one would care and the post would just be moved on to the next page and the next page and so on. thanks for your support everyone

oh yeh and one more thing. just say if i was to do A+ and mcse etc. should i go to uni or something, would i have to and what sort of course to be an network engineer or something.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I don't know. I haven't taken the test. On the long-end, it might take an hour, but I think you're probably looking at more like 20-30 minutes. All my recent dental work is putting a kibosh on my savings for a few months, so taking the test isn't about to happen. More study time I guess.

Megamaced has taken the A+, and he's right about the IRQ's and I/O addresses. Study hard on those things, especially those COM ports.

7. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

yeah mega should know how many questions there are.

so mega, how many questions in the A+ and mcse exams? :D