Choice of mobo

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by irshad, Jan 2, 2004.

1. irshad

irshad Geek Trainee

I'm planning to upgrade my pc using either the a7n8x deluxe or a7n8x e deluxe mobo.
    What is the difference between the two. Which should I buy.

Is the AMD 2500+ a recent processor, cause a pc vendor told me that it is no longer available and said that 2600+ would be a good choice. I'm getting it for a gaming pc.

Are there any known issues for ATi Radeon 9600XT on either of these motherboads.

Eagerly awaiting your replies.

Thanks.

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I think the only difference is the A7N8X E Deluxe has a WiFi slot. That's for wireless devices.

But personnally, I'd either go for the 75Frn2-RL if you don'T need features or the Abit NF7-S if you need features.

Both perform/overclock better than the Asus and both cost much less. The abit is $100 as opposed to $120 for the asus. The soltek is $100 cad so it should be around $75 usd.

I'm telling you, go with one of the two I mentionned, depending on what you need.

In any case, the radeon should work just fine.

EDIT: I forgot about the cpu.

Well the 2500+ is fairly recent. It's not 6 months old. Maybe they're not available to HIM anymore but if you look around, you'll find it pretty easily.

Just go with the 2500+, you can get it for $90 @newegg and is only 70mhz slower....it's really not much.

3. irshad

irshad Geek Trainee

Thanks a lot. I think I'll go for the Abit nf7-s,2500+ and the 9600XT.

thanks again.

4. irshad

irshad Geek Trainee

ram for nf7-s

Which ram module(pc2700,pc3200 etc.) should I buy for the abit nf7-s board?

what is different in the an7 board.

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I'd go for the PC3200 because you'll have some headroom if you ever decide to overclock and it's more future proof. It's also not that much more expensive.

The only difference is the uGuru technology (exclusive to ABIT).
    Basically it's a toy.

It's a hardware monitoring program that gives you the ability to oc on the fly (without rebooting).
    It makes bios flashing easier (inside windows)
    It protects your system by turning it off or rebooting it when the hardware fails or the temperature is too high, etc.
    You can also create oc profiles so you don't have to do it manually everytime you wanna' change something.
    It also records your system config and sends a report to abit when something's wrong so they can troubleshoot faster.
    You also have an audio interface with which you can change many settings (speaker config, sound config, profiles, etc)

So like I said, it's a toy and I personnally wouldn't need it.
    The good thing is it's $104 so why not take it ? It's pretty much the same price than the nf7-s