ClamWin Antivirus...

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Intemptesta Nox, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Intemptesta Nox

Intemptesta Nox Geek Trainee

...when scanning C drive with ClamWin, I get the following error messages:

ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/LocalService/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/LocalService/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat.LOG
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/LocalService/NTUSER.DAT
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/LocalService/NTUSER.DAT.LOG
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/NetworkService/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/NetworkService/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat.LOG
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/NetworkService/NTUSER.DAT
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/NetworkService/NTUSER.DAT.LOG
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/Our Computer/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/Our Computer/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat.LOG
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/Our Computer/NTUSER.DAT
    ERROR: Can't open file C:/Documents and Settings/Our Computer/NTUSER.DAT.LO

Then it stops.

Any suggestions?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'd try another AV all together. AVG is a good freebie (you can pay, but that's only if you want tech support).

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think there are some files that windows doesn’t allow Anti Virus programs to scan, you usually get an access denied or cant read error message! But it shouldn't stop the scanner; try AVG, that’s what I use!

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've heard (not sure if this is true or not), but the system restore files can't be touched. That might be what's causing problems. Then again, System Restore is really more trouble than it's worth, IMO. SR is only if you have XP though.

5. Intemptesta Nox

Intemptesta Nox Geek Trainee

it stops the scanner and won't go any further. d/l AVG now to see if it helps.

Thanks.