Classical composers, who's your favourite

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by Addis, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Addis

Addis The King

Who's your favourite composer, or which ones do you rate or like highly?

For me:
    1. Mozart - His genius was totally unique, and Rondo alla Turca was probably one of his best short but sweet compositions. Close in second is Symphony no.40
    2. Beethoven, the good ole German master comes in second. Most famous composition is 5th Symphony, dramatic and subtle the strings really do make it unique. A beautiful composition was Piano Concerto no. 5, E flat major (also called Emperor Concerto). Can't describe it in words.

Probably two best IMO. However, I do also like Franz Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody no. 2. It was used for the 1945 Tom and Jerry episode Cat Concerto where Tom is a pianist playing to a large audience. (won an award in 1946).

Note how I've used composer's names, some orchestras play music differently. British orchestras tend to be muted, and too soft, while Russian is too emotion filled and dramatic (not good in the case of mozart, good in other cases).

2. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

Yeah i agree with your first point of Mozart but not so much with Beethoven (I think his high regard kind of fell to pieces when they made the film Beethoven)

Ive always liked a bit of Bach myself.

3. Addis

Addis The King

WTF? You amuse me sometimes....

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Im not a big fan on classical music...who did Fur Elise? That was okay I guess...at a push.