COD Black OPS

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by HardwareHunter, Nov 9, 2010.

1. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

I had been anticipating this game since MW2 which I considered to be a complete waste of digital space. It is out today and reviews will be much appreciated before I go out and buy one.

Thanks in Advance!

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

3. HardwareHunter

I read from another forum site that it was just as crap as COD MW2. How was the audio?

4. RHochstenbach

The audio is okay, as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't test 5.1 though, because Windows can't output that through an optical cable.
    There's even an option to choose between a quiet and noisy environment.

5. RHochstenbach

The audio is okay, as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't test 5.1 though, because Windows can't output that through an optical cable.
    There's even an option to choose between a quiet and noisy environment.

6. edijs

edijs Programmer

I've played the first couple of levels thus far and must say that I am inclined to say that this is a really great game. The engine is the old one but it's leaped in looks much more than in previous game changes (MW>>WAW>>MW2 those leaps were not as huge as MW2>>BO is) and it's gotten great. Especially owners of older rigs will like that. The story is intriguing. Since I don't really care about sound (I am musically not that sophisticated - 2.0 is enough for me sometimes :D ), no comments there. Gameplay is classic and seeing those oldschool M16+M203 rifles, M16A1's w/ 20 round clips - just sweet (the AK has too small of a rebound, but still ok).

I don't really know why HWhunter doesn't like it (I guess it's personal preference - I mean I just freakin hate World of Warcraft for which some people could stab me in the face or something - it's just relative - this action-movie arcade style military shooter ain't your thing, as it seems). There isn't anything better out there in this niche (MoH was more than OK, but still it doesn't go as far as CoD does in terms of gameplay-quality/action). I hate to know that the SP campaign's gonna be short as hell, cause I don't give much about MP, but still the franchise is cool and I hope they won't stop making these games.

7. HardwareHunter

thanks for the great review edjs. Don't get me wrong, not that I don't like it but I read in some forum that it was not that good. But like you said, it could be personal preference.

I am buying it.