Comp wont Shut Down Please Help!

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by SexiMexi9018, Jan 28, 2007.

1. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

I have had a problem where my computer just wont shut down, I have isolated the problem to the Driver for my sounds card, i have posted this before and no one has been able to help me with it...When the driver is installed my computer will just not shut down unless i hold the button in, but when i uninstall the driver it shuts down in like 2-5 seconds, but here in lies the problem, when it is uninstalled i can't listen to music, and thats one of the main things I do on my computer...lol...so i really need to find a way to make this work...Here are some of the things that i have tried:

1) Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Driver
    2) Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Driver in Safe Mode
    3) Tried Different Driver but i think i was getting the wrong ones
    4) Updated my Driver

My Sounds card is a Dynex 5.1 Sound Card with Envy24 Family Audio Controller WDM Drivers The Virsion of the Drivers is 5.12.1.3644

There is also something odd about this, when i go into the device manager I can find the Driver and this is where i have to go to uninstall it, I used to be able to go into Add or Remove Programs to uninstall it but the driver does not appear anymore and the first time i uninstalled it with Add or Remove Programs, so the only place i can find it on my comp is in the Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

So if anyone has any ideas please tell me because this is getting really stupid, sometimes i will just press shut off and forget to hold the button and when i wake up in the morning it is still on!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Again go to the device manager and look at the product properties..there is a troubleshoot button u will find, go through that process nd see if it helps~!

3. SexiMexi9018

well i look in that and they don't have an option for My Computer wont Shut down when Diver is Enabled, all they have is I don't hear sound, i hear some sound ect.

4. Karanislove

Repair windows files after installing Sound Card drivers... Wea did u get ur sound card drives from?? Coz i cant seem to find it :unsure:..Have u tried mailing Dynex bot this problem???

5. SexiMexi9018

Well i got the drivers right from the CD that came with the Sound Card and no i have not tried mailing them.

6. Karanislove

Just noticed that you have not turned off your onboard sound...Did u?? from BIOS?

7. SexiMexi9018

well i did but i might have turned them back on but it was like this when it was enabled, I think, I'll try this! Thankyou!

8. SexiMexi9018

lol it worked, it shuts down fine now lol, i had them turned on bc i wanted to use onboard sound to see if it would still shutdown and it did but then i switched back to my sounds card and i guess i never disabled it. So thanks lol that was driving me insane!

9. Karanislove

:doh:
    :beer:

10. DonBob

DonBob Guest

Thanks, that fixed my problem too.

DonBob

11. Karanislove

:beer: Welcome to HWF!

12. SexiMexi9018

yea this did not make any sence, lol, i was trying and trying different things and it turns out it was the simplest thing!

13. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

woah, that doesn't make any sense, but i have to check that on this old comp that never shuts down KARAN YOUR A HERO

14. AMANDA223

AMANDA223 Geek Trainee

Well buddy you have to trouble shoot it , go to device manager and click on trouble shot ...