complicated question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by littlesaj, Oct 31, 2004.

1. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

this is a question for a friend of mine, she lives in england but has a zimbabwe passport with a british visa and stay in this country for four years and when the four years are finished she can apply for a british passport and become a british national, the thing she wants to know is can she travel in europe as a normal british passport holder or would she need a visa? i have tried to find out for her over the internet and have had no joy as it is very confusing, countries like france germany and spain are where she would like to go, she has been lving in england for two years now, she came here with her family because of a lot of trouble in that country, if she needs a visa does anyone know how i can get one? how long would it last for? and what exactly is the difference when you go to a different country with a visa?

Thanks

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

She will need a visa even when she becomes a British citizen.

The thing is, GB isn't in the Europpean Union and only citizens of that union can travel throughout those countries without a visa.

I would highly suggest she does not travel to Eastern Europe before she gets a visa, and even then, she might wanna' bring extra cash to bribe the authorities in case something happens (and I'm not joking at all).