Computer Randomly Blue Screens. Multiple Fixes Tried, No Solutions Found. Can Anyone Help?

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Own3d_U2, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Own3d_U2

Own3d_U2 Geek Trainee

I built my own computer a year and a half ago and have shipped it across the states multiple times. There have been no issues with shipping it until this final time.

Since shipping my computer across the states I have been dealing with a number of issues with my machine. Initially it wouldn't even power on fully, and some research showed that the motherboard was damaged. I replaced the motherboard and the computer at least turned on, however it would blue screen after an hour like clock work. Figuring this to be a drive issue i did a full re-install of windows. This sort of fixed the issue as now the blue screens were much more infrequent and seemingly random. They were not however fixed.

These blue screens seem to appear when my computer is doing a number of things at once or while playing a resource intensive game. I believe i can replicate the bluescreen by launching Steam, Google Chrome, and CPUID Hardware monitor after booting.

As a side note, Windows fails to update quite often as a result of this. There are a few updates like Service Pack 1 that took quite a number of tires to actually install.

Here is the error i am getting.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 124
    BCP1: 0000000000000000
    BCP2: FFFFFA8009F61028
    BCP3: 00000000BF800000
    BCP4: 0000000000000124
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\011415-6099-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-234828-0.sysdata.xml

So far i have reinstalled windows Twice. Once wiping only my C drive, then again wiping both my C, and D drives (i have a dedicated SSD for my OS)

I have run several Hardware checks, and Memtest 86+, all of which have come up with nothing.

I have removed both sticks of my ram, trying one then the other. No noticeable difference between the two, and they both blue screened eventually. unless they are somehow both causing this problem i dont believe either stick is causing the problem.

CPUID Hardware monitor shows that core temperatures are fine, with the highest temps getting up to 42C.

Im completely lost as to what is wrong, If anyone has any idea how to check for what is damaged/needs replacing i am desperate to figure this out.

Thank you.

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Your computer have what parts inside?

3. Own3d_U2

Own3d_U2 Geek Trainee

Intel core I7-4770k with a cooler master 212 as a cooler
    ASUS Z97-A motherboard
    16 gigs Corsair Vengence Ram
    GeForce GTX 770 graphics card
    Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
    Seagate 1tb Harddrive
    Samsung 128gig SSD

4. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Since you have integrated graphics, try with that. Also Hci memtest tests ram on Windows, something Memtest 86 lacks.

You said your machine has shipped many times? Check also that all connectors are on place.

And also check that processor socket has no bent pins.

5. Own3d_U2

Own3d_U2 Geek Trainee

I will check out HCI memtest. I rebuilt this computer from the ground up when i got the new motherboard, everything is connected solid. no pins are bent either. Thank you