Computer sees phone as modem instead of PC on infrared USB

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by lizzy1e, Nov 16, 2007.

1. lizzy1e

lizzy1e Geek Trainee

I have an MA-620 USB infrared adapter and earlier on it would see phones as another computer to share data with. Now I installed Nokia PC Suite before installing my new Nokia 7250i and now it sees all phones as modems and then they don't work for sharing files.

Can anyone please help me sort this out? I've uninstalled PC suite completely and it hasn't made much difference.

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

OS reinstall is a bit harsh in this case, it think. Try and use the device manager to uninstall your phone and then restart your PC.

3. rimmer

rimmer Geek

Thats a crap piece of advice for a problem of this nature, you should only need to do that if your computer becomes ridiculously slow, like mine has a couple of times, or if your OS just becomes unstable / BSOD's occur.

I had a similar problem back when I had the shittest phone I ever possesed, the motorola V980, I don't like motorola's at all. Basically my problem was that it was picking up my phone as a modem, and then ignoring my USB modem (I didn't have a router back then)