Concerned about PSU wattage: Read this!

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by Big B, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

that makes me feel really stupid...i used to listen to cpmputer salesmen....

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The highest wattage I'm using in any system I have is 350W. Of course they are quality wattages. I do have to pick a bone with Dan, though. A lot of the PSU's he's reviewed are basically going off the label, and not through actual testing.
    Not all PC salesmen are bad. I've had a few here in town that have consistantly recommended stuff that has been outstanding. The last 4 boards I've purchased in town (Abit IS7-E, MSI 865P Neo, Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra, Abit NV7-133R) have been recommended. All were awesome boards. Then again, you've also got folks that really have no clue what the hell they're talking about. Quality is just as important, if not more so than quantity.

4. DwnSthGaBoyz

DwnSthGaBoyz Geek Trainee

quality is one of the main factors when thinking about your power supply, believe me, i just burn out a system with a crappy power supply with too much wattage (400W) always research whats best for your cpu and dont go over or youll regret it!!!!

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Definitely a quality PSU, regardless of wattage. Quality PSU's go out quietly, whereas low POS's generally go out with a bang and tend to take a few components with it.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah thank god my crappy case PSU didnt take out my motherboard and the rest of my hardware. I am using my 300W psu which is much better even if it is a lower wattage, ist how reliable it is during higher temperatures and the amps it can provide. Wattage is just a measure which is misunderstodd, people think a PSU with a higher wattage is better, no so!

For future reference, please don't bring up a post thats been dead for over a year. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.