CPU/motherboard problems

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by loaded_chambers, Mar 21, 2003.

1. loaded_chambers

loaded_chambers Geek Trainee

Hi all, I recently bought a P4 3.06 cpu with a Gigabyte P4 Titan 667 motherboard. After everything was put in and ready to boot, I started the comp and no screen will show. Everything on the motherboard starts up, but I don't get any kind of screen whatsoever. The monitor just says "check PC/Monitor is working".
    So obviously something is fried but I don't know what. Hopefully not my new cpu. Can anyone give me their insight on what the problem is? Here are my system specs:
    768MB PC2100 DDR(512 Kingston+Samsung 256)
    Geforce FX 5800 ultra
    Western Digital 80GB+Western Digital 20GB both Ultra ATA 100

I hope someone can help, thanks for your time!

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

If your cpu was fried, you would hear absolutely nothing.
    Make sure everything is seated properly, check all the cables, including the cords in the outlets (screen and case).
    Make sure your heatsink is properly fixed, an overheat would cause the system to shut down automatically.

What is your psu ?
    Maybe it is not good enough.

But before looking at the psu, look at the basic things like the cables and such.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Sounds alot like what happened with my first P4 build: just not enough power for the whole system. In your case, I'd suggest having at least a 350W, if not 400W or better, PSU. And have it a quality one too...something from Antec, Sparkle, or Enermax would fit the bill.