Creative Labs S750 7.1

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by extreme4377, Dec 12, 2004.

1. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Well, after reading many reviews and talking to others about them; Im waiting for newegg to get them back in stock so I can click that "Add to cart" button finally. Should be in stock on wednesday. Any one wanna buy some Z-5300s?

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Cool :good:

lol Extreme, do you ever post anything except for new stuff that you've got for your pc? you rich boi. ;)

- Just as a side note, how do you afford all this stuff?

3. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

ha, I try to post more than just when I get new stuff. Ill try harder from now on. My parents pay for almost all of it really. I paid for my Zalman 7000B. Ill get some pics up when Im done upgrading and have everything installed. Ive gotta get my DFI mobo in the mail this week, wednesday or thursday at the latest. Im ordering my S750s from the egg on wednesday when they get em in stock and Ive got my Zalman and Audigy 2 ZS just sitting on my floor waiting to be punished. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot, my NEC ND-3500A burner will be her wednesday at the latest :good: Should be good fun! Stay tuned

4. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Well, I decided to cancel the idea of new speakers. Mine are fine for what I use them for anyways. Ive decided to go with a cheaper upgrade, the CoolerMaster WaveMaster case. Stay tuned!

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

You're going to have abit of a shock when you have to pay for everything yourself - unless of course your rents support you then as well :good:

6. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Yet another cancelation. No new case, but the speakers are a possibilty. Im torn between the Gigaworks S750 7.1s and the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 or possibly keeping wht I have now. We will see.

7. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Personally i think you should stop worrying about your speakers, i don't see the point in buying better speakers if your current speakers are not being put to full use.. (which i highly doubt they are).

I would think about getting:
    Faster Memory - Possible Overclocking (perhaps some OCZ PC4400 Voltage Extreme)
    Another 74GB 10,000RPM 8MB Hard Drive (Put them in raid)
    A new case: Antec P160 - really really lovely case, can't fault it

Or perhaps a new processor? 3700? 3400?

Or even better, get some Dolby Digital Headphones (3D Surround Sound), they are amazing.

8. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Memory = fine
    RAID = out of the question. Reason = Pain in the ass
    New case = just modded mine, Im very happy with it
    New processor = not necessary, going to begin overclocking tomorrow
    Head phones = nope, have some all ready

Speakers = Possibly, we'll see when newegg gets em back in stock

9. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Raid isn't difficult to setup, nor (in my opinion) hard to setup, it's well worth it :) more of a performance gain.

You'll get a better overclock that me, better cooling and better memory :)

i can only get 235Mhz out of my GeIL Value :good:

10. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

RAID is very easy to setup. Its just as easy as installing the drivers. Ive had my RAID 0 array go kaput on me a few times, I got sick of it.

11. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

fair enough :)