Crumb of biscuit in printer

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by thomas234, Feb 9, 2007.

1. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I went round to a mates earlier tonight, and when we tried to print some cheats off for GTA3 we found his printer wasn't working - It screwed up the paper as it pulled it down and then printed at an angle.

Upon closer inspection I found a rather large crumb of biscuit jammed in by the rollers. Using tweezers, coctail sticks and a SE K750i after 20 mins we finally managed to remove all of it (took 3 15yr old boys to do it :D ). However, now the printer starts to pull down the paper, but then stops after pulling it for a couple of inches. The software reports an error, but nothing specific. Pressing the resume button on the printer does nothing, and the paper has to be pulled out from the paper tray end of the printer.

Stupidly I didn't write down the model of the printer, but I do know it's a Cannon. It's a bubblejet printer (as far as I can remember). What should we do next? Is it possible that we have broken it even moreso than before?

Thanks, Thomas

2. thehammer

thehammer Geek Trainee

Crumb of biscuit in printer :S

I don't see how that could be a software error and the fact that it manages to pull the paper a few centimetres, and then stops;... is weird.

Ok a few questions for you:
    1. When you turn on a printer, it usually conducts a few tests (if the rollers are working, if the cartridges are moving...). Could you see the rollers stop rotating, while restarting or turning on the printer?

2. Tell your friend to google the Cannon model, maybe it's just some common flaw found in all such printers

3. You sure that the printer didn't work before because of the cookie? :D

Also I hope you didn't use some sort of industrial tweezers :D

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Jst go through the points in my sig link and see if dat helps u in any way.. :unsure:

4. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

Haha loving it, i just wonder how the hell that biscuit got in there lol

5. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Thanks, I'll do all the things you have suggested ASAP (next time I'm at his house).

I've no idea how biscuit got in there, and to be honest, I really don't want to know!

Thanks, Thomas

6. Chelski

Chelski Geek Trainee

Haha yeh best not to know