Crysis Game Will Not Work in Eyefinity Set Up

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Jimmy328, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Jimmy328

Jimmy328 Geek Trainee

Hello All,

I was referred to this forum by forums.anandtech.com.

I am not able to run my Crysis Maximum edition in an Eyefinity set up, that is, across 3 monitors. Otherwise, Eyefinity works great; I can drag windows across all 3 monitors at a resolution of 5760 x 1200 which is optimal for these monitors. For a single monitor, they are optimized at 1920 x 1200. When I launch Crysis, it only show up on one monitor and this game is supposed to work in Eyefinity.

I am using that latest version of the Catalyst Control Center (version 10.2) software and I have all 3 monitors configured exactly the same.

I am running one Radeon 5970 video card that has 2 DVI ports and 1 mini DisplayPort. The mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter or dongle, has an additional USB to provide additional power. This adapter is recommended by AMD.

Here's my set up:

Hardware:

Monitors: 3 Hanns-G, model HH281, running in an Eyefinity set up (3 monitors)
    MB: Asus P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58
    Proc: Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2 GHz LGA 1366
    Video: 1 Asus EAH 5970 (GPU: Radeon 5790)
    Power Supply: BFG Tech EX-1200 Watts
    Hard drives: 2 OCZ Vertex Series 30 GB internal solid state drives
    Active Accell Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Adapter, (this is powered by a USB) part number B087B-003J

Software:

Windows 7 64-bit (I don't know of any service packs at this time)
    Video card has full Catalyst Software Suite version 10.2 (version 10.2 released, Feb 17, 2010)
    Direct X End-User Runtimes (released Feb. 2010)

I have emailed crytek.com (no phone number found) and they have not or will not respond.

I have asked for help on the following forums:

crymod.com
    WSGFWiki
    www.tomshardware.com/forum
    forums.anandtech.com

Perhaps someone here will have an answer.
    Thank you,

Jim

2. Jimmy328

Jimmy328 Geek Trainee

I have heard a lot of hype and publicity regarding "Hardware Forums" from other popular forums.

Is my thread that boring or that challenging? Should I assume that no one has any clue? After all, the Crytek Company refuses or has failed to at least contact me on this subjject.'' Perhaps this issue is toooo
    challenging.

Thank You
    View attachment 2146

View attachment 2147

Attached Files: