Define Industrial

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by Exfoliate, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I like this genre a lot but I really can't figure out what makes it different from other types of electronic music. It's really weird as there are no real obvious determinants, all I can see is there's usually some vocal parts, oh boy. The only thing I noticed that was rather interesting was that the people that make up industrial bands look like automachanics, which is sort of an 'industrial' job but I'm sure thats just coincidence. Anyone know?
    check out this, it's amazing all the genre's they've come up with for Dance music.

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Well Rammestein is classed as German Industrial Metal, whether or not thats of any forseeable use to you, I'm not sure.

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

its weird to define, no one at my school, knows, i was askin around once

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That sort of helps a little Waffles, if nothing else it's interesting. I have enough industrial to know what it should sound like but I just can understand why it's in a genre of it's own. I've heard of a classification called gabbor I belive it is, it sounds like what you described, like metal techno almost, though that's not quite Rammestein is it...

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

metal techno + hammers imo

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Just because it has the sound of a jackhammer in it doesn't make it industrial music."

Source: Owen, Jul 23, 2003

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, nice ninja, imaginary helpful point for you bud. That sort of fits what I have I guess, some of it's rather angry but I'd say depressing is more accurate, it's not like screaming or anything like some metal bands. I'll have to listen for the machinary, that's what I though at first, like clanking and stuff but I never really caught any of it. Oh well good bit of history anyway. Assemblage 23 is my fav industrial group (actually I think he's just one guy but oh well), great stuff in my opinion, some deep lyrics.

8. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

you didnt give him a helpful point or me on the dell thing with my suggestion for coolbits, so this is a war...

ITS ON hahahahaha

im supposing its me n ninja vs you? haha

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh yeah, get right to it;)