Dell S2409W - 1920x1080 issues

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by SamuraiCat, Mar 28, 2009.

1. SamuraiCat

SamuraiCat Geek Trainee

I'm using Vista Home Basic in this notebook,

The skinny: Can't set the dell monitor to its native resolution of 1920x1080 with the Acer notebook, and a more minor annoyance where certain colors (in microsoft office) like green/yellow seems a bit too saturated/neon on the dell lcd.

Details:

Apparently, the graphic card can support the lcd's native res according to the specs given by Acer..
    -------------------------------------
    http://www.acer.co.in/admin/download_files.asp?action=down&ID=84&fieldType=doc&dType=forced

Mobile IntelĀ®GL960 Express Chipset, (GMA) X3100

(My device manager showed Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family)

Dual independent display support resolution/refresh rate: 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
    -------------------------------------
    When I first plugged it in, the graphic properties maxed at 1400x1050 which looked horribly stretched, then I downloaded a driver from Intel (not sure if it's the correct version needed, Microsoft Windows Vista*Driver Revision: PV 15.11.5.1624*Package: 60389) and now I could notch up the res to 1680x1050@60Hz..

The stretched quality's not there anymore but still, text get blurred because it's not the native res.

The CD that came with the monitor does not seem to have autorun/installation file within it, so I went to dell.com and downloaded the driver for s2409w, but upon clicking the zip file, there's no auto install either, windows explorer just shows the contents, no .exe files.

In Control Panel > Display Settings, both the notebook and the dell are just named Generic PnP Monitor on mobile intel 965 express chipset family. Is this a sign that the specific dell drivers are not installed?

(I've spent the better part of the entire previous day trying to contact Dell support.

Tech support requires a service tag, so I looked at the back of the lcd on the barcode sticker, but the code I entered is invalid.

Then I tried to post in the Dell forums but upon registration of the My account, and then creating the community account, everytime I try to login, it's either invalid or "cps system error"

It's like an endless loop of 'Dell Hell' , I'm at my wits' end right about now.)

2. SamuraiCat

SamuraiCat Geek Trainee

Any ideas? Please help