dialup problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ProcalX, Jul 22, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

sisters pc used to use dialup connection, i have left it on her computer just incase lan goes or we need net..

problem is, i disconnected her from net, and everytime her pc is turned on the dialup connection appears.. (i've checked internet explorer e.t.c) and it is not set to dial any connection AT ALL..

however the her computer seems to want to dial up to the internet.. even when she is connected via LAn on my cable modem..

i swept with both spyware S&D and adaware and nothing..

i've defragged.. chkdisk and done a registry check..

any ideas?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I had this problem, the only solution was to remove the account! you could just save the connection details somewhere, so when you do need it you can create a new connection!

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

unfortunately the computers they are on are only the windows 98se computers.. which are laptops.. which are used by employees.. (the only reason i post this is because i have not yet found a solution) which i usually do.. however i am now uninstalling program by program to see if i can erradicate the problem..

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I had the same problem when I setup up a network for one of my family members! what have you tried so far?

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Could you just disable the connection ?

It's not hard to re-enable it once you need it.

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

unfortunately no, the laptops are encrypted and locked down so that there is limited use.. the whole system just has to work.. solved the problem.. firewall was updating.. hence why nothing was coming up as a request for a internet connection by the firewall!