Direct X problems?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Silent Sc(+)pe, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Silent Sc(+)pe

Silent Sc(+)pe Geek Trainee

I think this could be a hardware problem mabey not. Anyways this morning I turning on my computer and tried to play Starcraft. I had just put it on last night and it had worked fine. It gave me an error that said it couldn't change the resolution to 640x400 or whatever. So I tried to do it in display properties and it told me it can't change the settings. I just downloaded new drivers and Direct X 9 but haven't installed it yet. .Another thing that happened is one time after waking my computer up from standby and trying to play a game it said there was no 3d hardware. I restarted and it works fine. I have a Radeon 9000 pro 128 mgb. If its a problem it think its in the motherboard. I used to have a GeForce and it messed up. I sent it back to Gainward. They took so long sending me a new one I gave up and bought a ATI. I have a shuttle motherboard. Do AGP slots go bad on motherboards very often? If I need a new one can someone recomend a good motherboard compony?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I assume, by now you have installed the latest drivers etc and the problem is fixed?

sorry, missed the post!

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Any port can go bad, but it's not in great numbers. If your drivers are DX9 compatible, it'd be a really wise idea to install it, despite that the Radeon 9000 is not a DX9 card.

Also installing your motherboard drivers, particularly the AGP driver may help you.