DivX on PS3 not working

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by RHochstenbach, Mar 14, 2008.

1. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

If I'm right, then there should be DivX support in one of the latest PS3 firmware updates. But if I want to play a DivX file (or an avi file encoded with DivX), then it says Unsupported Data. Is this some kind of bug? :confused:

2. Onur

Onur Geek Trainee

Why didn't you write the CD with Nero incase of DivX.

Nero always worked fine for all. :)

3. RHochstenbach

Because I want to put the files on a USB stick instead of wasting discs.

4. Onur

Onur Geek Trainee

Try to format your USB and put the files again friend. :D :)

5. RHochstenbach

I even tried to open them when they where burned on a disc. Still not working :confused:

6. Smartsync

Smartsync Geek Trainee

PS3 doesn't support all DIVX files yet, i get the same problem every now and then, i try and only download or encode video files to mpeg-4 to be on the safe side. Nothing more annoying then sitting down just about to watch a great movie and being greated with "unsupported data":(

7. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Even then, it doesn't support all MPEG-4 files ether, the problem is Sony has little support for video codecs, and there are a myriad of them. Honestly, i don't understand why they don't just use an open source video player, and get it to run on the PS3. I have SO many problems trying to view ANY video other than DVD video on the PS3. Like even video from google. I found a fix for MP4 files :) Fix PS3 TVersity "Data Type Is Not Supported" Error on MPEG-4 Files | Code Retard