Do i require DVD authoring software with Cucusoft Pro

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Monkeydub, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

I've got Cuucsoft Pro 4.17, i am in the process of converting my avi files into DVD files. Do i need seperate authoring software or will cucusoft do it for me? If i do need it, which is the best?

Thanks, Rory

2. syngod

syngod Moderator

Which software program is it, I'm guessing Cucusoft MPEG/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD/MPEG Converter Pro but not 100% sure. If so provided it can export to .vob it should be fine to use most burning programs and just goto create DVD-Video and drop the .vob files into the Video_TS folder.

If it just creates an mpeg or m2v or .mpa file you will need a dvd authoring program.

3. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

Yes it is Cucusoft convertor. Don't seem to have the option of exporting to .vob. So i take it i need an author package? Which 1 is best?

Rory

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

5. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

Is there an easier way of doing this? Is there software that you just put an .avi file in and out pops a dvd file ready for me to burn? If so which 1?

Rory

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

Check out Doom9.org and goto guides. In the avi to DVD-R/+R guide should be a link to DVD2SVCD which should be able to do what you want.

7. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

Hi, cheers for the link...but does it only convert dvd to .avi. I couldn't find any info on converting .avi to a dvd format...??? I just want an easy option, that'll require minimal effort on my part (i.e. select .avi file, walk away, come back in a few hours ready to burn onto my DVD). Is this possible?

Rory

8. syngod

syngod Moderator

With the latest version of DVD2SVCD you can convert from .avi to mpeg2 which is the dvd standard and should be easily burned to a video dvd.

Monkeydub likes this.
  9. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

It suggests that i still need to use TMPG for authoring...i think??? Been staring at the screen too long. Is there another program that does what i need?

10. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Use DVD2SVCD, and i'll post another thats great later which i use..
    don't use Cucusoft, it's horrible software, poor quality.

Monkeydub likes this.
  11. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

Cheers, that would be appreciated :good:

12. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

What about dvdsanta? That seems to do what i want??? Also, can i play DVD-RW's on a DVD player or my standard xbox...already wasted recordable dvd's???

Rory

13. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

no DVD Re-Writables will not play DVD's i do not think, they are just a storage medium.

And DVD-RAM discs will not work either i do not think (with the majority of dvd players)

you will need to use mainly: DVD-R although alot of DVD players now also support DVD+R

14. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

Do you have the name of the software yet?
    Thanks, Rory