Do not install nVidia Beta drivers!!

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Exfoliate, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I needed a major update with my forceware drivers as I'm only on like 6.14 so I searched the web for some drivers. I read that beta drivers can give an even greater boost in performance so I decided to d/l those. It took over an hour to get the 18MB file and then I just installed and updated my drivers, it told me to restart, I closed a few folders and then I did. But then I get this weird blue dos screen that I've seen now and then and I have to restart again, and the only way I can do anything is if I go into safe mode. So I had to do a system refresh thing just to get back to a point where things were okay, fortunantly that was last night after I installed "End it all" (a useful progam I might add). So the moral of the story is don't go all beta on us, play it safe and stick with what you know works.

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Kk thanks for the warning ex Ill warns ome ppl i know with nvidia cards

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto, seems to be proving very successful from my experience so far.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hmmm, seems I must be doing something wrong as the normal drivers don't work either, they do the same freaking thing, ergh, it's so annoying. Do I have to do anything tricky to get the latest drivers to work?

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yea i was gonna say they work on other computers, but beta is still in need of corrections, when they release the official version then thatsthe time to d-load

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Has anyone else had bad experiences with the latest nVidia drivers? It seems pretty weird that neither the beta or regular drivers worked, and did exactly the same thing to my puter.