Don't Panic!

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by WWR, Apr 14, 2005.

1. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Some people may recognise the title reference, some may not. But I am reffering to the fact that sometime this year they are going to release The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... as a film! Now I have no idea how this will work, seeing as the TV series only covered the first three books, wether they're going to do a series of films or just one trying to cover everything, but parts of me think it's going to be pretty good while another part of me thinks that it will be total and utter rubbish.

Radio series pwns them all!

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

hehe i have the tv series on dvd...its awful, not a patch on the books.

so corny, but still enjoyable.

the movie should rock if they don't blow it with lame actors/directors and stick to the book all the way through.

3. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

The books leave out things too though, the TV wasn't a patch on the books but the books weren't a patch on the Radio series, that came first.

I just hope they get some decent actors and not go for hollywood stereotypes that will ruin the film.

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Never heard, read, seen any of them. WOrth getting hold of??

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yeah definitely.

The books are so well written, and if you get the sense of ironic humour, the books are a blast.

I'll dig out an extract some time.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

kk. Ill might take a trip to the library. Except for the slight fact that im unsure where it is

7. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

The books would be your best bet, seeing as they contain more than the TV series (which doesn't even get to the 4th book) and they're easier to get hold of than the Radio series. But the advantage of the TV series is you can see funny diagrams when The Book explains something. :D