Doom3 Hardware Guide

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Doom 3 is due out next week. [H]ard|OCP has a guide on how well your hardware should run.

If you have a low-end video card, fear not, DOOM 3 will look good on it. By default, all of the advanced quality settings such as shadows, specular lighting, and bump mapping are enabled. As long as your video card meets the system requirement of a GeForce4 MX-440 64MB, all of these effects will be available to you. The only effect that will not be present is Heat Haze, which requires a DX9 level video card.

Seeing as how some people are going totally nuts about how they need the latest and greatest hardware to play Doom 3, this is a great guide to show you that it is playable on even some relatively crappy hardware. Article.

2. xslynux

xslynux Geek Trainee

hehe... what a relief :D

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

10x7 / high details on my system ?

I was aiming at medium settings at best. This means that medium settings is a sure thing, let's see if high settings is truly possible : I certainly hope so.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The other thing you'll notice if you read the article is that they didn't mess with Anti-Ailasing and Anistropic Filtering.

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well they say that in this game, it's better to crank up the resolution than to turn AA on, and 8xAF is automatically enabled at high details.

EDIT: Just pre-ordered my copy today, it comes out august 6th: $70 cad. I picked up the Doom collector's edition on the way: Ultimate doom, Doom II and Final Doom for $25 cad :good:

6. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

This game should be sweet. 16x12 at high quality for me :)