Driver Detective

Discussion in 'General Software' started by II Gorn II, Apr 30, 2009.

1. II Gorn II

II Gorn II Geek

anyone know if this is a good program

i did the free scan with it and it says it found new drivers for my cd drives which i haven't been able to find for ever sense there so old and im hoping they will fix the problem of them not reading blank disks

but it found tons of other new drivers and things i don't have drivers for and i was just wondering if it could screw anything up by changing the drives

or if anyone knows a site with TSST Corp drivers i cant figure out their real website if they even have one lol

EDIT - My two drives are TSST Corp TS-H552b SCSI and Lite-On LTN-4895 SCSI

i search all these other computer forums of people saying they have the same problem wont burn and recognize blank disk but no one has a real solution just simple theories of its not plugged in right or something dumb

i figured hmm maybe its the drive so i tried an old drive from some HP my grandma had but that one wouldn't recognize a blank disk either

i just try to burn with window media player 11 but it says i don't even have a burner installed so i don't know

any help would be great

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

The rule with drives should be that unless you have an issue with the drive, updating the firmware is an unecessary risk even if small.
    If your drive is an OEM then stick to the rule. If it is branded, the supplier will advertise updates on its site.
    [ot]
    I managed to solve read/write issues by updating the ASPI layer (ForceASPI). Windoes XP's version of the layer can get corrupt so using ForceASPI version allows the user to refresh the layer at any time with a better version of the layer (WTF that means - for more details, Google for ForceASPI)[/ot]

I Googled the string you mentioned - "TSST Corp" and found this -
    TSSTCorp TS-H552B CD-DVDW Firmware Update - Software Driver Download

Update: Sorry, just read the thread again so ignore most of the above.
    Try the ForceASPI solution first, after making sure your IDE/SATA cables are connected properly. If you can, try and replace the current cable to ensure it is not the cable which is faulty.

3. II Gorn II

II Gorn II Geek

ill look up that ForceASPI thing when i got some spare time later

but ya the firmware didn't do shit i wasted like a half hour installing the last 8 updates and didn't do anything

4. II Gorn II

II Gorn II Geek

so i tried that forceaspi thing but both v1.7 and 1.8 dont seem to be working for me the site told me to download this program to tell me if it worked but it didn't =(

finally got a working version but still no good maybe ill just try reinstalling windows see if that works

5. II Gorn II

II Gorn II Geek

hmmm so i downloaded the newest nero and i can actually burn cds with it weird sense my computer still wont recognize blank disks and WMP wont recognize my burner

but o well if i can burn im happy :chk: