Driver woes

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Exfoliate, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I just bought a Maximum PC mag that came with a BF2 demo (not very fun and ran like crap...) and a bunch of utilities that are pretty sweet. But the main reason I got it was because it has some recent nVidia drivers on it that I couldn't be bothered to wait for an hour and a half to d/l.
    I installed them and restarted and got a quick flash of a BSOD before I even got to log in and it restarted automatically. So I figured it was my old drivers that were causing the prob as I didn't clear them. I go into safe mode, do a system restore (I love the thing) and wipe my drivers from the properties...advanced...adaptor...driver...etc. menu. Bad move, when I go back to double click on the cd to get the drivers it refuses to open, even after minutes. Now I'm driverless and can't get my new ones......system restore, got old drivers back.
    Okay so what do I do to install these puppies, I could really use an update as I'm back in the 6 series and I'll probably be selling it to a friend who might as well get the most recent stuff. Thanks:)

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Can you access the cd through the command console?
    Also if you have Linux you can try to copy the drivers off the cd onto your HDD!

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

you just screwed yourself over with system restore.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Why's that? It's not perfect for sure as I used it today and it f**ked everyting up but the drivers should install either way. I've never dabbled in the command console so I can't try my luck there. I can only assume the cd doesn't load because it's fairly gfx intensive actually will little movie slideshow things and stuff and the vga bios may not cut it for the work??