dual monitors

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by robertoc, Nov 15, 2003.

1. robertoc

robertoc Guest

hi

I want to set up a dual monitor system here at my house. However, I dont know how to set them up. I know I need either a dual head video card (like matrox) or another video card.

Im using WinXP, I have a PCI video card currently installed, but I dont know what is best, to buy a dual head card, or just another one.

Could anybody help me, to tell me if I need anything else, or which is best between the options. And if I would buy another simple video card, does it have to be the same as the one I have or can it be anyone.

Thank you. :cool:

robertoc

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, many video cards have dual-monitor support. If you're into gaming nVidia's GeForce 4 Ti4x00 or FX lineup or ATi's Radeon line would be something to look into. Most of these cards do have dual-monitor support built in, but a few don't so check the box before you buy. If you don't plan to do any type of gaming whatsoever, then a Matrox G550 should be good enough. Also, most graphics cards come in an AGP format these days.