DVD Reviews?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by syngod, Sep 8, 2003.

1. syngod

syngod Moderator

Anyone interested in having dvd reviews either on the forums or zone365?

If so please post here or contact a mod and I'll see what I can get started.

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I think it's a good idea.

But there should be reviews of less known movies.

Right now, Office Space and In the Mouth of Madness comes to my mind. They are very good movies but nobody knows them !

Those are just examples.

3. syngod

syngod Moderator

When it comes to lesser known movies I have my share.

Office Space I wouldn't say is a not well known movie, almost everyone I know has seen it although quite a few are like me and waiting for the special edition if it ever comes around. I'm not quite sure of the status now as Fox was talking about it but then I believe licensing issues came up.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's kinda one of those cult movies so to speak, like most Mel Brooks movies, Weird Al's UHF, and and others.
    I'm all for DVD reviews myself, we just have to work out a system.

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh, I'm in the process of making the new design into templates, I just need a bit of code from the author and then I can get started. I've done only a bit of it, though it can be done in one day, so I hope to have it complete by tomorrow!

DVD reviews should not be hard section to add...just requires some template changes! I'm looking forward to getting the new design up asap!

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Excellent.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Lemme know when you get the DVD part added on (after finishing the the last bits on the site, of course).

8. syngod

syngod Moderator

For right now if anyone is kind of on the fence on getting any of the titles I have in my collection on the link in my signature and would like any information or a quick review just PM me or post here and I'll do one up for you until the site is complete.

Btw I have all of the Criterion Collection except for Robocop, even though it is not posted to DVDAF yet. So feel free to ask about any of those titles as well.

9. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Syngod: Do you have "Cinema Paradiso Special Edition ( or collector's edition or whatever it is called, but not the "normal edition") ", and if so, where did you buy it ?
    I have a friend who really wants it but that can't find it anywhere.

10. zeus

zeus out of date

UHF is a good film!
    I had it on video years and years ago! I never thought anybody else on this planet had seen it!

Some films I like at the moment are 28 days later, Chopper, Brother and the rest of the Tekeshi series, Six Degrees of Separation, Le Bonheur, Le Samurai.... I could go on forever.... I love unpopular films! :)

11. syngod

syngod Moderator

12. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

No that's not it, he wants the director's cut version. It's 3 hours long.

EDIT: I found it on www.deepdiscountdvd.com, thanks :)