dvd ripping software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ahdrum, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ahdrum

ahdrum Geek Trainee

i need a program to successfully rip a dvd to DivX, AVI, or mpeg...doesnt really matter which. I am trying ripit4me, but i am getting a little lost. If there is a better program or if somebody could help me with it, that would be awesome.

2. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Would you ideally want to be backup up dvd video? If so then you'll want to get DVD Decrypter (out of production but the latest version is available out threre) - run that in conjunction with RipItForMe (this creates the psl file to tell dvd decrypter where the bad sectors are and where to insert dummy ones) These two programs will get the decrypted DVD video files onto your computer. You could then burn them to a Dual Layer DVD or use DVD Shrink to get it onto a 4.4gb DVD (single layer)

If you really want to make a DIVX video out of a DVD then having the original (un-encrypted) files on your HDD is a good starting place. There is a page with a list of good programs here. But really with blank DVD's the price they are I have completely stopped ripping to xvid, divx etc- you have to have special players to watch them if not on your PC, having a standard DVD that you can take round to your mates house beats anything in my book. Just my two cents..

Hope this is of help.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Try [google]DVD2AVI[/google].