E3 2015

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Big B, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, now one of the nerd-fests is underway and it looks like a lot of exciting stuff is coming out. Since I have to be an adult, I don't have a handle on it all, but the things I am excited over include:

-Mass Effect Andromeda
    -Gears of War 4
    -Doom 4
    -Xbox 360 games "on" Xbox One (more like emulation)

I'd kinda like to see something with Dead Space revived, but only if it's more like the first one and I'm not holding my breath.

Mass Effect Andromeda and Gears 4 both hit near the end of 2016, and at this point if I don't outright buy them, then well, that's what Christmas money will do for me. Doom 4 looks fun, but I don't know if I'll pay full price for it.

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Gears of War 4 is expected to be another game where all playing is shooting from cover. High quality cutscenes guarantee good reviews.

After Mass Effect 3 total fiasco (ending), hard to expect anything good from new Mass Effect.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I tried playing the original Gears again and forgot how often I died. Clearly, this will take me awhile to beat.

I didn't get upset over the end of ME3 so that may be why I'm in the minority of those looking forward to it.

4. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Original Gears is quite easy, at least on PC.

On Mass Effect series, big choices had at least some effect. Then, ME3 ending was like "whatever you have done in the past, you now have 3 choices, choose freely and get very poor cutscene for reward". One of the worst endings, ever seen on games.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm not as good as I was in high school and don't have the time I used to for playing. I just go in with "yup, my guy is going to die...a lot".

I didn't play the ME series in order, but I am playing through 3 right now, so I'll have to see if I get upset about it this time. However, I don't think I've every gotten raging, pissed off over an ending either. My social and emotional responses aren't typical to most people I've found.

Wicked Mystic likes this.