Ea...

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by mut, Oct 22, 2006.

1. mut

mut Geek Trainee

EA have pushed it too far now.

I bought (stupidly) Battlefield 2142 today, hoping that perhaps EA had resolved their ways - I was lead to believe this after they finally sorted out the problems (or most of them) in Battlefield 2.
    But yet again, EA have released a game which isn't even ready for a public BETA. I reach the BF2142 login screen to find that I can't even connect to the 'EA Master Server'. After messing around for hours with firewall settings and tweaking this and that, I'm slapped in the face with the same bullsh-t message "Connection to the server timed out, please try again later"

I made a promise to myself when I bought BF2, not to buy an EA product again, because they simply lack the professional quality that you would expect from one of the largest gaming companies out there.
    I had to laugh though, when I loaded BF2142 up for the first time (one day after its release), I got a cute little message from EA telling me that there was a patch out which I needed.

One day after release and EA are already having to fix up the game. Should these issues not have been picked up after the release of the demo? Where hundreds (if not thousands) of players had problems, and the Electronic Arts forums had been filled with feedback from unhappy enthusiasts?

Just needed a rant, I've been put in a very bad mood by EA now. They charge me £35 for a game which I expect to be bloody brilliant, they then don't let me play it causing me to spend 4 hours messing around...

If I smash a window will EA compensate me?

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well, i for one, dont blame you, it sounds like EA could do to be boycotted, anyone else think the same ?

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Been doing it for years...but then again, EA hasn't put out a title that I'm interested in, so it's quite easy. It'd suck if I really liked sports games.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't EA publishing Crysis? That's a troubling thought concidering it's currect track record. I'm probably off the mark on this one though.

5. mut

mut Geek Trainee

I was just about to say the same thing.

Crysis looks an amazing game, but with EA having their hands on it, I can only hope it will fulfill its potential.

6. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

I dont play EA games fullstop. They have a large slice of the pie and so i tend to play games by other developers. Like ubisoft, Blizzard and Sega.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah those are great developers. For console games I'm a big fan of Capcom, they make some of my favs.

8. talker1106

talker1106 Geek Trainee

I dont mind EA games cause my cousin writes some of the instuction manules and box comments. He gets any game published by EA for $20.

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Yeah its to bad EA owns everything. They could use a good boycott. I think they would get the picture if people didn't buy a product from them. Yeah i bought BLACK for the PS2 thinking it would be sweet but i got to the second level and i quit. Well at least i know now not to buy 2142, even though i can just play the demo for awhile i guess

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well they got Burnout Revenge right, that's a very polished arcadey driving experience.

11. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

man its burnout, they got lucky, but really it was a simple and good concept and there isn't anything to really mess up. yeah the maybe the game could crash once in a while when a accident happens but thats about the only foreseeable problem that would be noticable. Yes it is a good game, but i feel for mut, EA is bullcrap, and i am a little bit of a sucker for good advertising, so i get caught in buying some of their stuff, like black. Man which is really crappy cause 2142 is pretty cool, minus the dumb EA server issue and all the other crap. Oh well i guess maybe in like a year that stuff will all be fixed. in the mean time wooo delta force: Extreme..... kinda

12. mut

mut Geek Trainee

Well once you work out that you have to "Register this Product" and use the username and password from the account you create during that registration, all is well. For me anyway.

The game is really good, i'll admit that. A lot of people have problems though, getting kicked after a couple of mins of playing. And also PB was kicking everyone recently.

13. Crusha19

Crusha19 Aspiring Poker Player

I have another big problem with 2142: the fact that it puts spyware on your comp so that they can put ads in the game. That really pisses me off. I wont buy the game