England out of WC

Discussion in 'Sports Forums' started by Addis, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Addis

Addis The King

They didnt deserve to lose after they battled so hard after going down to 10 men.

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

That was awful - When that final penalty went in, I just stared at the screen and didn't move to twenty minutes

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Referee = Tw*t
    Ronaldo = Tw*t
    Rooney = Gonna club Ronaldo with a stick at Man U

Ronaldo's cheeky erm 'whisper' in Rooney's ear before match (you know where he pushed his head with his head) and then his lil wink at sideline and gesture (with mouth) to say "shhh" - there was something going on.

Ronaldo's gonna have to watch it or Rooney will 'av 'im.

4. zeus

zeus out of date

I cant wait for that! Only he probably wont need a stick.

At least we get to see the French get beaten. Its almost as much fun as watching England win :)

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Well aye...I got that feeling of someone cuttin you open and dashing your hopes. Brazil got knocked out by the french....that wasnt much consolation either.

6. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

I haven't been following the WC much, but the Britain/Portugal game was one that I did watch. Shame, really. Britain seemed to have a great team this year, and it is a shame when it all comes down to penalty kicks at the end. Kind of takes away from the game a bit. A few things I did notice during the game:

- The Portugese really enjoy faking injuries: the guy who was holding his face...C'MON! His face didn't connect with anything!
    - The Portugese were very disputable in that they tried to dispute everything the refs said. Annoying...
    - Though it wasn't entirely Rooney's fault for what happened (Renaldo was such a d!ck..), Rooney got himself in very hot water for his anger. However, I did like when the camera zoomed to him and he mouthed "%#@^ you!".

Bad game, though...crying shame...saddening when Beckham started to cry, too.

7. zeus

zeus out of date

England!!!! The Scottish and Welsh can only dream of having a single player in our team!

Britain = Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales.
    UK = United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland

We're England! No foreign accents here!

Beckham did look a bit upset, he was practically crying on the telly before. He quit as captain. And no more Sven!

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well i suppose i'm in the minority, cos i'm glad england are out of the WC, and maybe everyone will hopefully stop going on and on about it, cos maybe then there will be something decent on the telly but them again, there never is, but cheer up guys, only another 4 years to wait till the next one, but you can be sure of one thing, my houde is always a WC free zone

9. zeus

zeus out of date

Its the european tournament in 2 years, so its not long now! No Brazil or Argentina to conquer in that one. :)

10. Addis

Addis The King

The World Cup is like the Olympic games since its on every 4 years. But donkey42, for those who follow the sport and have pride in their nation wouldn't it be better for just a few weeks to let them talk about it all they want? to some its very important.

11. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

TO ME!! Bill Shankly once said "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
    I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
    I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." I agree with him.

12. donkey42

donkey42 plank

suppose your right Addis, guess i'll shut up then :swear:

13. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I don't mind everybody going on about it cos it only lasts a few weeks, but personally I don't watch it or follow it (or at least until it gets to the semi-finals). I like to see everybody support their own county and all, but some people take it too far and set up a little shrine of football stuff in their front room, noting down the score of every match.

[OT] The England flags that people had out of their car windows cost an extra 55p of fuel per hour (average)!! [/OT]

14. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

[ot]Wasn't that on Top Gear a while back, then they worked out how much extra fuel the guy who worked that out was using because of the extra weight of his moustache or something?![/ot]

15. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

[OT]Yeah I remember that. Btw, Top Gear was cancelled because of the world cup for 5 weeks!! :( [/OT]

16. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Exactly~! I dont follow football but I have seen people breaking things just after they see that their country has lost the match.
    Some people even die by heart attack due to this~!

17. daisycutter

daisycutter Geek

england outta the WC. AGAIN...... i just dont understand why we have u play so bloody badly. also, does anyone else think mayb we shud play as UK as to increase the number of players we can choose the squad from? or are there no good players from scotland and wales?

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

It's not that, I just don't think we're allowed to as technically we're separate countries, what gets me is that I know people from Wales and Scotland who will have nothing to do with the English football team (and wish us to lose) and yet they're quite happy to claim success when English athletes win medals for 'Great Britain' in the Olympics etc...

19. daisycutter

daisycutter Geek

so why do we compete as GB in the olympics but as england in WC? and GB in the bloody eurovision song contest! mayb if the players didnt get so much cash to play around with they might spend more time in training!

20. zeus

zeus out of date

It would be worth having a GB team so that we can play "soccor" in the Olympics.
    Other than that I think we should keep it as England. Its good to go our seperate ways now and then.