England vs Sweden

Discussion in 'Sports Forums' started by Addis, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Addis

Addis The King

Match tonight at 8pm GMT in UK. Can't wait.

Rooney will be starting against the Swedes, and his effect on morale and attacking fluidity will help. Hopefully get a goal as well, and be fit for the knockout stages.

Also, to the USA, unlucky against Italy. I shouted when the ball went in the Italy net, but was disallowed. :x:

2. zeus

zeus out of date

I saw on the telly the other day there will be no Gerrard to start either!!

Maybe cos he has a yellow card already, maybe cos he keeps spannering the ball over the bar at 1000000 mph. The only time he got it on target in the last two games was the time it went in.
    Much prefer him over Lampard but lampard certainly had his heat seeking goggles on with the long shots.

Thats exactly it though, it all long shots and passes. Never has worked well IMO. Mind you we always have played crap against crap teams and great against great teams.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Hopefully over reliance on long balls will stop with no Crouch. I think a mixed game is needed, both long balls, but also good build up play. One touch, good link up play like Man Utd and Arsenal are needed.

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

The first goal was well earnt on Englands part, but the other three were rather poor. Gerard's wasn't by any means fantastic and the Swedish goals were more fluke than skill IMO.

Still fun to watch in my local with a bunch of 'lairy' brits however ;)

5. zeus

zeus out of date

Yeah, first goal was class. So much for doing away with long shots!

6. Addis

Addis The King

Huh..... I suppose it was worth watching the full 90 minutes to see Beckham's "bullet" long ball and the sublime control and strength of Rooney.

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I wasn't impressed with the match, but Joe Cole's goal :eek: I don't usually like him but his control was just wowza. Gerrard's goal was a good head. It made me feel better after Crouch all match. He got beaten to a head by a d midget when hes 6'7!! and he didn't move his head when he did head it

8. Addis

Addis The King

I was saying that as well, gerrard attacks the ball when he heads it and jumps up. Crouch, well he just lets the damn ball hit him.

9. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Unfortunately, so far, England squad consists of two players and 8 NVQ apprentices.....
    Joe "E" Cole and D "The surgeon" Beckham. The rest seem to just like a good kickabout... nothing more... :(