"English Defense League"

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Swansen, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Story

i know there is a nationalist type movement going around the UK, but i didn't realize it was on a level like that. Thats pretty intense, anyone have any encounters with this type of stuff?

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

I've heard of this, too. Quite frightening. But, you know, it's the same as looking at the far right activists and/or the far left activists here in the Baltic States - there's usually a charismatic leader (or a small group of them) and a whole bunch of not-so-bright dudes getting shi*faced, running around and shouting about stuff they don't really understand.

I mean, England is a part of the UK, which, in turn was, at its time, incorporating so many different cultures - how can you have (and want) a big, powerful nation without listening to other cultures?

Sure thing, we've got to be vigilante toward terrorism, but that's what the government already does - holding potential threats at bay, without causing racial/religion-based hate (well, for the most part, anyway :D ).

My point is - these kind of movements are just as violent as any would-be terrorist, except, these dudes are half-drunk for most of the time :D

3. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole Geek

The EDL is a extremely violent offshoot of the British National Party and both are very sad people.

Thugs just looking for a fight and amoeba's have more intelligence.